It’s winter time, and who doesn’t love a good cup of rich hot chocolate? Did you know it can get even better though? How about the richness of chocolate in a warm pudding texture topped with some marshmallow gooey goodness? Are you sold yet? What if I said you could easily make this recipe using just a few ingredients in the slow cooker…. yeah baby! That’s what I’m talking about.
We love this recipe, and even though it doesn’t necessarily scream Christmas Haley was insistent that I blog about it immediately. She cares about everyone’s chocolate dreams… she’s sweet like that. Seriously though this recipe is a breeze to make, I use this Cuisinart Slow Cooker, and I’ve added my recipe times but we all know some slow cookers can cook a little faster or slower than others, so the first time just keep an eye on everything. Other than that everything’s a breeze!
One thing that irritates me, though, is I’ve yet to find a bag of chocolate chips the proper size I need, it seems they’re either too small or too large. If you find a 16 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips grab it and run! This recipe calls for room temperature eggs and heavy cream to help give the pudding a creamy temperature but also speed up cooking time. If you’re in a hurry, put your eggs in a bowl of warm water and divide the cream into cups to help speed the warming process.
I grated a Hershey’s bar for the topping but there are endless possibilities. How about crushed candy canes, Health bars, or some fun sprinkles?
Once the pudding is done I set the slow cooker to warm, it tastes wonderful served warm but don’t let that stop you from eating it cold, it’s still yummers! We all agree it tastes most decadent served warm though!
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Pudding
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups (16 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 7 oz jar of marshmallow cream
- Grated chocolate for garnishing
- In a slow cooker, whisk together eggs, cream, and salt until blended.
- Add the chocolate chips, stir, and then cover with lid. Turn the slow cooker on high to melt the chocolate about 30 minutes, then whisk until completely blended.
- Turn the slow cooker down to low heat and cook for another 30 minutes. Scrape the sides down of the slow cooker and whisk until smooth.
- Cook another hour, the edges will be slightly set but the center will be a soft pudding consistency.
- Serve warm and just before serving whisk the pudding again smooth. Spoon into cups or mugs and top with a generous amount of marshmallow cream and garnish.
I don’t know about y’all but I just love marshmallow cream, feel free to layer it up just remember with the warm temperature of the pudding it will melt and spread a little. This is winter dessert happiness in a cup, plus it’s simple to prepare! Enjoy!
Shop some of my favorite kitchen items below!