I don’t know about you but I love a good cheese ball. Cheese lovers you’ll agree, is there anything better than a rich creamy cheese ball? I think not. This time of year I like to give my cheese ball a bit of holiday festivity and shape it into a wreath. It adds a festive touch to any gathering, and it’s a breeze to make!
Making a wreath cheese ball may look a little complicated but I assure you it’s not. There are no complicated molds and no chill time. You can honestly whip this up and be out the door in 30 minutes or less!
To quickly blend the ingredients together I like to use a food processor, if you don’t have one you can still make this festive wreath cheese ball by blending everything by hand. It will just take a little more muscle.
Once I have all the cheeses and spices blended together I take a spoon and scoop the mixture onto my serving platter forming a circlular shape. From there I smooth the cheese ball by hand or with a spoon into a smooth wreath shape. It doesn’t need to be perfect, that is what the garnish is for!
I sprinkle chopped Italian flat leaf parsley and sliced green onions over the cheese mixture and gently press it in. I like to add a piece of saran wrap to the center of the wreath to keep the platter clean. From there I like to slice a couple cherry tomatoes to finish off my festive wreath.
The Italian parsley and green onions add such a fresh taste that balances the rich cheese mixture.
You can serve this immediately or chill it a few days in the refrigerator until ready to serve. That’s it! How easy was that? I like to spread crackers around the platter but I also keep sliced veggies nearby to appeal to everyone, every combination is delicious!
Holiday Wreath Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- cherry tomatoes cut in half for garnish
- crackers, bread, or vegetables for serving
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, shredded cheeses, onion powder, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce until completley mixed together.
- Scoop small amounts of cheese mixture out with a spoon and onto a serving tray making a circular wreath shape.
- Using a spoon or clean fingers finish smoothing cheese mixture into a wreath shape.
- Place saran wrap in the center of the wreath to keep the platter clean. Sprinkle with parsley and green onion and gently press into cheese mixture.
- Remove saran wrap, and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with bread, crackers, or vegetables.
You won’t be able to have just one bite, it’s so addicting! Be sure and impress your guests with this festive holiday wreath cheese ball. Shh… we don’t have to tell them how easy it was to make either. Share the cheese goodness!