It’s officially spring, who else is excited? I’m sharing one of our favorite family springtime treats that we make every year around the Easter season: birds nest no bake cookies! One year when my girls were little I made these adorable treats and ever since then they can’t have an Easter without them. They are now 17 and 19 and still ask for them and get excited when I make them, and they still have fun helping me shape each nest.
These springtime treats are the perfect festive treat and they’re so easy to make! Just 4 ingredients, a microwave, and some wax or parchment paper. It’s that easy and really fun making each nest!
In a large microwave safe bowl melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips every 30 seconds, stirring in between until they’re completely melted. Take care not to microwave them too long so they don’t burn. Once melted stir until smooth, toss in the chow mein noodles, and mix until blended. Spoon onto wax or parchment paper and shape into a nest. Top with candy, let them firm up, and you have the cutest treats!
4 Ingredient NO BAKE Birds Nest Cookies
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles
- small candy eggs for decorating
- wax or parchment paper
- Place the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirrring each time until melted.
- Stir until smooth and add chow main noodles, stirring until blended.
- Spoon onto wax or parchment paper, shaping the nest, creating a slight low spot in the center to hold the eggs.
- Add candy eggs to the center and let set until firm.
Our favorite candies to use are Cadberry candy coated mini eggs, Robin eggs, jelly beans, and Peep marshmallow birds. Not only are these Easter time treats easy and fun to make, they taste delicious too! Be sure to follow me on Instagram for my latest seasonal content! Wishing you a Happy Easter blog friends!